Under the directions of High Court, Delhi Government had formed a Committee headed by the Chief Secretary. It has made several recommendations including:
- · A Transport policy which discourages the use of personal vehicles and promotes public transport, including construction of Bus Rapid Transit Corridors.
- · Policy of parking charges to factor in real-estate cost of land.
- · Congestion Charges on private vehicles, especially in busy markets.
- · For better management of parking sites, identify them through GPS.
- · Introduction of parking meters and internet-enabled parking systems.
A conference has been planned on August 17 at CSE to discuss the policy proposals.