Now that NGOs are under the purview of Lokpal Act, many clarifications are required:
- What ‘executive’ mean as per the Act? Would it mean ALL staff?
- Would all trustees become ‘executives’ or only those who are remunerated by AT?
- Do the ‘executives’ have to fill in the returns every year till they are with the Trust or only during the year when the Trust received more than “One Crore only” from the Central Government or “Ten Lakhs” from foreign source?
- What is the grant from Central Government? Only if directly received or through a State Health Society, NGO partner? WOuld it be applicable to all those partners who received parts of this One Crore/ten Lakhs also through the Trust?
- What are the Return forms? If not available, when they would be?
- What is included in the term Wealth, does it mean immovable and movable property, investments, ornaments, cash and bank? How to value the wealth? Value at the time of purchase? Or current value? Wealth of only the ‘executives’ or ‘the family’ or ‘the spouse’?
Thanks and regards