Community Radio Service & FCRA

Dear All,

In the category of “Persons Specially Debarred From Receiving Foreign Contribution” one of the category is “association or company engaged in the production or broadcast of audio news or audio visual news or current affairs programmes through any electronic mode, or any other electronic form as defined in clause (r) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 or any other mode of mass communication.

The general understanding is that NGOs cannot engage in Community Radio Service (CRS) and if they do engage then that NGO cannot receive FC money. The clarity I am seeking is:

1.       Is this understanding correct?
2.       Can general awareness programmes be conducted as part of CRS?
3.       Do NGOs have to seek any kind of approval from MoHA for this since the CRS license is provided by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting?  

Thanks and regards,
B V Soma Sastry
Director – Finance and Admin
Centre for World Solidarity
12-13-438, Street No. 1, Tarnaka
Secunderabad 500 017
Andhra Pradesh

This entry was posted in FCRA, TAX, LEGAL. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Community Radio Service & FCRA

  1. Rambilas Kumawat says:

    Dear sir,

    We are interested to take FC Grant can you help us.

    Rambilas Kumawat

Comments are closed.