Changes in FCRA Bank account number

Following query received from Mr. K. Swamidas, on changes in FCRA Bank account.

Sir Good Morning

I,  K. Swamidas, I have FCRA ( my society name: Live For Christ Ministries). My FCRA bank a/c changed. My FCRA bank old number 5 digit numbers, presently changed 11 digit numbers. Sir how to tell and write my problem to ministry of home affairs, FCRA, Delhi. Please tell me.

thank you.

K. Swamidas,
Live For Christ Ministries,

This entry was posted in FCRA, TAX, LEGAL. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Changes in FCRA Bank account number

  1. Subhash Mendhapurkar says:

    The SUTRA HP faced similar problem. It applied on a prescribed form for change in the bank account number alongwith certificate from Bank stating the reasons for change in the bank account number- due to upgradation of the bank accounting system etc. SUTRA received the approval within 2 weeks without any problem.

  2. V.B.Chandrasekaran says:

    We had an interesting enduring friend on the 1st January 2014. He said two interesting experiences. 1. All of us in Voluntary Organisation should not depend upon funding agencies for our sustenance. 2)His travails with Income Tax Department to get 12-A certificate. It was so long and met with auditors and brokers who could do the job with no effort from us at a premium.

    The issue arises when our probity and commitment to volunteerism comes into question. Otherwise, why all this debate for nothing. I stand by what I said and if we have more time to spend with MHA and IT people than we have time with people, FINE. Otherwise, just relax. No need and spend your time with the communities or with MHA and IT People.
    Chatti Mahatma Gandhi Aashramam
    Chatti Post, Chinthur Mandal
    Khammam District, Andhra Pradesh
    Pin Code: 507129


    Bank Account change

  4. T.Kaithang says:

    My organisation has gone through somewhat similar change following the change in the bank. We applied through the prescribed form as if we were changing the bank account and received the approval quite promptly.
    I would therefor agree with what Mr. Soma Shastry has presciribed.



  5. B V Soma Sastry says:

    Dear All,

    Greetings from Hyderabad!!

    Though I agree with Subhashji and the logic put forth by Chandrasekharan, I would like to submit that in one of the workshops organized by MoHA in Hyderabad in August 2013, the Joint Secretary was very categorical that FCRA will not take suo moto cognizance of the change in any type of bank account number even if it is due to core banking. Ours was a similar case and we did send the details to MoHA for the change.

    Thanks and regards,

    B V Soma Sastry

  6. Dear Swamidas,

    You have got two conflicting responses on the issue. While what Chandrasekaran has stated is legally correct, i.e. there is no change in the bank account, only due to changes in Bank internal workings bank account number has changed, in such a scenario in perfect world you would not need to take any action. However problem is the online filing of annual return.

    Under online filing once details of bank account have been fed, these you cannot amend and FC6 would continue to show your old number. Hence I believe what Soma Shastry has suggested would be more prudent.

    You could try your luck by contacting FCRA systems cell, but generally in case of Bank they would want you to go through the entire procedure.

    warm rgds

  7. V.B.Chandrasekaran says:

    There is no need to tell changes from 5 to 10 or 11 digits. It is continuity and stands changed automatically.

  8. B V Soma Sastry says:

    Dear Mr. Swamidas,
    Greetings from Hyderabad!

    Kindly note that there is a format prescribed by FCRA for “Change in bank/bank account”. I would request you to do the following:
    1. Fill up the format as desired with by clearly mentioning the details.
    2. A board resolution authorizing the change of bank account (Even though it is not done by the organization)
    3. A letter from the bank notifying such change
    4. Covering letter to the documents being sent.

    Once you send these documents to MoHA, the change will be effected withing 30-60 days. Do not forget to mention the words “FCRA Wing – Foreigners Division” on the envelope.

    Thanks and regards,

    B V Soma Sastry

Comments are closed.