Query- Regarding Claim under 80 E of Income Tax Act 1961

Dear SRRF Dialogue members,

We have received one more query under Income Tax Act 1961 from, Mr. K.P.S Varadhan, HiH

”Kindly clarify whether Self Education expenses can be allow under section 80E of Income Tax Act 1961, when there is no loan from financial Institution?’’.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks and regards,
Tanvi Dogra
SRRF Dialogue, Coordinator

If you find the above information of relevance, you may visit our web-site http://www.srr-foundation.org, where you will find a large data on various aspects of Development Related issues.

Socio Research & Reform Foundation
(A Non Government Organisation)
512 A, Deepshikha, 8 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110008
Tele/Fax: +91-11-25821088, 25817157, 25722044
e-mail: socio-research@sma.net.in


This entry was posted in FCRA, TAX, LEGAL. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Query- Regarding Claim under 80 E of Income Tax Act 1961

  1. Sriraman says:

    Dear Varadhan

    To the extent, I am aware of, 80E benefit is applicable only for loans availed from banks. Hence, if you avail loan from a relative and pay interst on this loan, no benefit u/s 80E can be claimed.

    Best regards

    P.K. Sriraman

Comments are closed.